TropicalNebraska
Newly Registered

Indoor Papayas Not Growing Well

Hello,

I'm growing some papaya seedlings indoors and they have all stopped growing after they get about an inch tall. I have them in a well draining potting soil (here's the link to what I'm using: https://www.lowes.com/pd_248406-446-7307 ... 52105&Ntt=). I water them every day unless the soil is still very wet. I tried fertilizing them, but this just kills them. I have a passion fruit vine that I'm growing in the same room as the papaya seedlings that is at least three feet tall, so I would think the papaya trees would be growing well too. Any ideas for what might be preventing the seedlings from continuing to grow?
Attachments
100_1283.JPG
100_1280.JPG
100_1279.JPG

imafan26
Mod

Papaya seedlings are slow at the beginning. It needs a couple of months of root growth before the top starts to show anything. You have a big enough pot for the roots right now, you may just have to wait a bit. The seedlings are growing a bit spindly, if you cannot grow them outside can you get the light directly over them?

TropicalNebraska
Newly Registered

Thanks imafan26! I guess I'll have to wait until spring before they start doing much now. It's still warm where I live, but it won't be in a couple of months.

Return to “All Other Fruit”