Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Dwarf Meyer lemon fruiting!

I'm so proud of it. It's had fruits before, but they turned yellow and fell off. It's supermarket grape size now. Keep in mind it's only one foot tall and about two years old, so this is pretty good. It's a dwarf. I will post pictures tomorrow. :D

imafan26
Mod

Good for you. My meyer lemons are ripening now.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Thanks, imafan. :D

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

image.jpg
image.jpg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Here's a pic.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

I hope it turns yellow soon. :bouncey:

imafan26
Mod

it probably has a couple of months to go. Make sure the tree gets enough water or the fruit will be hard and dry. The citrus trees need a little more water when they are fruiting.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Ok. :D

Lemonlover
Newly Registered

Hi there, and congratulations! Did you experience any troubles with your tree up until this point? And have you kept it growing outdoors the entire time you've had it?

imafan26
Mod

Welcome lemonlover. Rosey lives in Southern Ca Zone 10b and I live in Hawii zone 12a. It is possible to keep citrus outdoors year round in the ground or in pots in frost free areas like ours. They need to be indoors if there is a threat of freezing.

Citrus trees do get aphids so you have to make sure you bait the trees for the ants. Sooty mold is usually a sign of aphids or scale. They are heavy feeders and need an acidic soil and micros and they like to be in the sun. Meyers have vicious thorns so you have to be careful working around the branches. The only problem I had with the meyer is that it broke out of the pot and I will probably have to kill it because the root has gotten to big to just cut. The newer pots are not as thick or durable as the old ones.

Return to “All Other Fruit”