Kevin106
Newly Registered

Peach tree disease? What to do?

Hello everyone,

I've recently planted a peach tree (prunus persica) in my backyard. Probably about 2 months ago. It wasn't a good time to plant a tree, plus the hole and soils wasn't well prepared. However, I did lots of researches and readings to make sure the tree is in good shape (including watering plenty of water and fertilizing it). But today the tree starts to develop red spots all over and I'm not sure what's going on or how to best take care of it. Here are some pics so you guys know what I'm talking about:

Please give me advice on what to do since this happens all over the tree. If this is a disease, should I prune the heavily infected branch (is it the good time to prune at all?) and apply fungicide on the rest?

All suggestions are welcomed, thanks in advance guys

JONA878
Greener Thumb

I believe this is a rust fungus Kevin.
More than likely caused by weather conditions than anything else.

I think you will have to check at your garden centre for a spray...or wait for a further answer from members....as the sprays available this side of the pond differ from yours.

Kevin106
Newly Registered

You're right about the weather, it's been raining a lot over the weeks, almost everyday with heavy rain at least 3 - 4 days a week that last all day. :cry:

Mhasan

I have the same problem. I've been spraying but that doesn't seem to help. Also tried lyme powder but that didn't do much. You can buy a special dormant oil so that it stays strong and disease resistant - from Home Depot. I think you apply it in the winter.

One of my fruit is rotting - should I take it off and throw it away?
The Japanese beetles have moved from the leaves to the fruit.

JPNguyen

I have a few peach trees as well and sometimes I noticed the leaf to have those little rust spots like yours. I never really thought much about.

Have you found out what it is and how to treat it?

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

This is a fine time to prune. Some people actually recommend it (myself included) especially if you are planning on keeping the trees small.

The pictures are not working for me though...

Return to “All Other Fruit”