thesnapman44

Strawberry info.

As I do not have a conventional garden and space is limited where we live, I would like to ask, it it possible to grow strawberries from inside a container ?. If so, what particular plants should I look for ( I want to start from seed ), and what should I do to ensure good growth, I.e prevention of rodents pinching the plants, watering regularly, and early growth tips?
Thanks.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

You can grow strawberry plants in as small as a single plant per gallon pot. My preference for containers is to grow three plants in an approximate 12 inch by 12inch by 30 inch long planter box. The plants should be watered at least once per day and will prefer semi shade or morning only sun during the heat of summer.

freedhardwoods

hendi_alex wrote:....My preference for containers is to grow three plants in an approximate 12 inch by 12inch by 30 inch long planter box......
What do you do with the runners? Three plants would outgrow that space after the first year if you let the runners go.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

In a planter I pinch all runners. If wanting to start more plants, runners are allowed to form plants over a fresh pot filled with soil.

Return to “All Other Fruit”