Dan.T
Newly Registered

Blueberry Help

Hello,

I need help with my blueberries if anyone can help. I bought them last year and they grow ok but then this spring they look like they are dead and I'm not sure what I can do to bring them back so I don't lose them. I really appreciate any help as I was really looking forwarded to blueberries this year. I added the pictures I took today and I am in zone 5 if that helps with anything.

Thank you for all of your help
Dan
Attachments
IMG_4827.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Where are you located? Blueberry plants are either warm weather varieties or cold weather varieties. The cold varieties would not likely do well in zones 9 or 10. Warm varieties wouldn't do well in cold northern zones. This is my best guess without having more info.

Dan.T
Newly Registered

I am located in Northeastern Ohio Zone 5. These plants are the patriot blueberry bush.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Odd, our blueberry plants seem to be bothered by almost nothing, either disease or pests. Patriot should be well suited for your location, so I'm at a loss. I would look at issues such as soil acidity, water logging or too dry. Next for me would to be to google common diseases. Sad to hear that you are having trouble with what for us is one of our most trouble free plants.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

I do have a possibility. Your plants appear to have some older stems/branches. Those will turn gray and will become less productive and will appear to be dying. Old spent fruiting branches should be pruned near the ground. The next season, young vigorous new growth should sprout from the ground and will replace the pruned out dead wood. For most of our plants, a main branch or stem lasts 2-3 years before being removed.

Return to “All Other Fruit”