Meatburner

Fig tree leaf issue - Help please

My new fig tree is developing curled leaves and showing fading color and brown blotches. The soil is Dr Earths Garden Mix, recommended by the nursery. Is there and experienced grower out there that might know what is going on? Thanks so much.

applestar
Mod

Is the tree in the ground or in a container?
How long have you had it and how are you caring for it -- watering, sun, etc. Is it outside or inside?

Meatburner

applestar, it is in a 20" container outside and gets sun until about 4:00 pm. I have only had it planted about 2 weeks and haven't added any fertilizer or compost. Soil is nice and moist.
Attachments
Fig 3.JPG

NatureHillsNursery
Cool Member

I’ve only had a couple potted fig trees, and I don't know what variety you have…but I would guess that you may have early signs of rust or some other fungal problem. There are treatments available for that (such as an oil spray), or you could remove the affected area. However, I would also suspect a watering issue. One of my figs was very fussy about soil moisture. If I over-watered it in the least, it would drop leaves—so that’s something to consider also. I wish you the best of luck with your fig tree. They’re wonderful container plants and generally quite hardy.

Return to “All Other Fruit”