roosky

Should I cut back my strawberries again ?

I have about 8 strawberry plants growing in my polytunnel. They fruited well last year, and when finished, I cut them all back to the crown. Now they have all grown lots more leaves again, but will not fruit for at least another 2-3 months (in the north of Scotland). Should I cut the leaves back again, or just leave them ?

JONA878
Greener Thumb

roosky wrote:I have about 8 strawberry plants growing in my polytunnel. They fruited well last year, and when finished, I cut them all back to the crown. Now they have all grown lots more leaves again, but will not fruit for at least another 2-3 months (in the north of Scotland). Should I cut the leaves back again, or just leave them ?
Leave them now Roosky... those are the leaves that are feeding the fruiting crown in the centre of your plants. With the protection of the tunnel it should to be long before you see the start of flower truss formation.

roosky

Thank you for that advice - it's what I thought, but I'm not experienced enough to be sure. I love how helpful everyone is on this forum !

Return to “All Other Fruit”