DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

New Strawberry bed

Eric and his cardboard again. :lol:

My strawberry bed this year was not vary productive and now it's full of weeds. I believe I over fertilized.

Old weedy bed

New bed

Eric

applestar
Mod

Looks great!

So the new bed is the row next to the old bed? Are these runners/daughter plants you've recovered from among the weeds?

What are you going to do with the mother plants in the old bed? looks like it would be a lot of work to rescue them. With your milder winter, will these new plants grow through the winter and bear fruits next year?

I love the cardboard trick. My problem is having sufficient mulch to cover but it looks like you've got plenty. :D

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Apple,

I transplanted some daughter plants from the aisles and one year olds from the weedy bed. They should put down new roots and some foliage before freezing weather. I may install floating row cover for a short while. Should have a better yield next summer

I'm down to the crumbs from the 4 truck loads of wood chips. I hope the county crew are in the neighborhood soon. :)

Not sure what I will do with the old bed. I could mow it all down, then weed and mulch. Probably just lift everything and compost.

Eric

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Kirby wrote: How are the strawberries Eric.
Thanks for asking Kirby. Looks like 100% successful transfer. I see new foliage on all the plants. The mulch is a little thin so I will scrape up some more.

Eric

applestar
Mod

:shock: :lol: :wink:

Return to “All Other Fruit”