Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Something is eating new Leaves off of my Plum tree.

It is rare to see a bug in Arizona. Something is eating the new leaves off of my Plum tree. The tree makes new leaves next thing I look and leaves are gone. I put Sevin 5 dust on the tree and in a few days it has new leaves again. Few more days leaves are all gone again. It is often a little windy here sometimes. I think the Sevin 5 dust blows away after a few days.

What can I put on the leaves that will stay?

JONA878
Greener Thumb

I'm afraid I cannot say what is having a go at your leaves Gary...but I would make one plea to you.
Leave the Sevin alone.
Its active ingredient is Carbaryle.
This is a potent non selective insecticide that has been banned over this side of the pond for many years now as it is a carsinogenic that can attack the nervous system.
We used it extensively as a fruit thinner but even the slightest trace found in any fruit nowadays would mean that consignment would be destroyed and the grower would be in deep trouble.

As to the leaves....how big is the tree....if there is no sign of caterpillar etc...then it must be something having a good chew. What larger beasts have you in the neighbourhood?

Return to “All Other Fruit”