MustGrowMore

Browning on the leaves of my new Sharp Blueberry

Wondering why some of the leaves have brown spots? Ideas?
SharpBlueberry.JPG
Thank you in advance!

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Spray from a dog or cat?

MustGrowMore

@GreenerThumb - Didn't think of that! I do have a dog, but in the 7 years I have had him, I have never seen him spray anything in the yard.

There is a neighborhood cat that is around a lot but don't think he would try to come in the back yard with my dog.

Do you think I should pull the leaves and see if it continues?

Thank you for the help :)

organicPete

your problem is interesting. I've got a very similar problem with my avocado tree. I went away for a week and left an automatic sprinkler ON. the sprinkler was mostly wetting the leaves. so maybe the answer for both of us is that these trees do not like their leaves getting too wet.

organicPete

MustGrowMore

I am going to pick them and see if it continues, I watered this one from a watering can so the leaves didn't get wet, but it was at night, so maybe some splashed.

Thanks!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know.... could be anything mentioned, could be a little bit of fungal infection, could be marks left from some kind of leaf sucking insect. My take on that kind of thing is not to worry too much about every little spot. Nature is never perfect. If it doesn't spread, if the plant seems ok, still green and healthy and putting out new growth, then the damage is only cosmetic. Just keep an eye on it to be sure it isn't getting worse.

MustGrowMore

Thank you!

Return to “All Other Fruit”