Itoero

Melons-vine length

I have Charentais, suger, pineapple and horned melons.
How big do melonvines get?
I'm figuring out what kind of supports I should buy.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Just because no one has answered-- I never heard of any of those kinds of melons, so I'm assuming if you are growing them, you know more about melons than I do. But in general, melon vines are big. Cucumbers are closely related and they easily get to 6'. A lot of melons would be bigger than that. If you are growing them vertically, you will want large, sturdy trellises. And depending on the size of the fruit they produce, you likely will need to put some kind of slings under the fruit, to keep them from ripping themselves off the vine.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:Just because no one has answered-- I never heard of any of those kinds of melons, so I'm assuming if you are growing them, you know more about melons than I do. But in general, melon vines are big. Cucumbers are closely related and they easily get to 6'. A lot of melons would be bigger than that. If you are growing them vertically, you will want large, sturdy trellises. And depending on the size of the fruit they produce, you likely will need to put some kind of slings under the fruit, to keep them from ripping themselves off the vine.

Old tights are perfect...but don't tell the misses I said so.

Return to “All Other Fruit”