Scotty_TN

Blackberry Bushes!!

My blackberry bushes came in yesterday!! I got three 3 year old plants, which should be fruit bearing, one 2 year old which might have some fruit this year. All arapaho's. I also bought one 3 ft tall blueberry bush.

So they came undamaged, and pruned, and all wrapped together at the roots.

My question is should I leave them wrapped up for another 3-4 weeks until I plant? or should I put them in pots and let their roots strengthen and keep them indoors until its time to put outside?

The Natural
Cool Member

If your going too try too keep them dormant. Keep them damp, dark, and away from air. Hence why most are wrapped in plastic. I wouldnt recommend keeping them dormant, id plant them asap. Inside with a little light will probably suffice. Just keep them real moist I put 2 full cups of water per twig a day when I first got mine. Within a week my Ouachita started popping green and I just looked today my Apache is popping green.( They are each in 5 gal. Buckets-why I used so much water.)

Just plant them, Keep em wet, and bring them out when the sun is out. I put mine inside my shed at night, but we've had lovely weather for the past couple weeks.

Scotty_TN

Thanks I got all of potted and watered today. They look happier already! :)

Return to “All Other Fruit”