Freemare
Newly Registered

Strawberry help

Hi, I am new here but not new to garden work. Anyway I am having a bit of a problem with my straw berry plants. I got some and wanted to start them in doors to give them a chance to get big and ready so I would have a longer fruit time. Any way, I am having a huge problem. I don't know what the problem is. Most of my straw berries have started to wilt their leaves and then go brown look and dry up. I don't understand. Here are pictures.

The last picture is the picture of my one good one

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum.

If you would, tell use about the growing media, watering and fertilizer.

Some of the leaves look stained from fertilizer or maybe powdery mildew.

Eric

Freemare
Newly Registered

I water once and a week, and I used a powered fertilizer that you can put in water.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Freemare wrote:I water once and a week, and I used a powered fertilizer that you can put in water.
What's in the soil. What is the NPK of the powder fertilizer. Did you water the foliage.

Eric

Freemare
Newly Registered

DoubleDogFarm wrote:
Freemare wrote:I water once and a week, and I used a powered fertilizer that you can put in water.
What's in the soil. What is the NPK of the powder fertilizer. Did you water the foliage.

Eric
I am not sure whats in it, its a potting soil. I don't have the original tag any more that tells me whats in it. I think some of it did get on the leaves.

Freemare
Newly Registered

I did a little digging and think that I had over fertilized them. So I did the leaching that the website said to do. It said to water the plants several times to help flush it out.

Return to “All Other Fruit”