milstudfarms
Newly Registered

Raspberry Plant Questions

I purchased a raspberry plant in the fall and put it in a container on my deck. I recently put the dogs out there while we were unloading groceries. They were pissed about it and took it out on my plant. It is gnawed down to about an inch above the soil now. Will this grow raspberries next year?

Second question...I am moving this spring and want to take this plant with me. Can it survive in late Jun in the back of a U-haul for 2 weeks?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

milstudfarms wrote:I purchased a raspberry plant in the fall and put it in a container on my deck. I recently put the dogs out there while we were unloading groceries. They were pissed about it and took it out on my plant. It is gnawed down to about an inch above the soil now. Will this grow raspberries next year?

Second question...I am moving this spring and want to take this plant with me. Can it survive in late Jun in the back of a U-haul for 2 weeks?
Do you know what type of raspberry it is. If it is everbearing, it will give you raspberries late this year.

If the plant is cut back to about 4" and kept cool, it should survive the journey.

Eric

Return to “All Other Fruit”