sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

Fabulous. Strawberry Leaf blight.

GRRR. me and my fungal diseases!!!! Anyone know if the strawberry leaf blight can spread to my vegetable plants?

anything to do for the strawberry plants? I have a TON of plants.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

How are you sure it is blight? I had some leaves that were kinda like that and I trimmed all leaves off all affected plants. The leaves came back now and the plants look healthy. I am not sure but I read something about straws spreading disease to tomatoes or vice versa.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

Well last week I started seeing the brown spots on the leaves, and I just figured that it was one of those strawberry diseases that happen. But then I went out yesterday and it is turning into the yellow with the brown on the leaves in big areas. it looks just like the picture on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phomopsis_obscurans

I wouldn't be surprised as I get every fungal disease under the sun at my house. even my perennials get blight or something!

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

You should cut all affected leaves off immediately. You want to stop the spread and I think if it reaches the crown it will be too late. Also make sure you throw those diseased leaves away and not into your compost or garden.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

it is bad. looks like there won't be much left! :( all the wild strawberries near it have it too.

AlfresiaUK
Newly Registered

The first thing you should do is removing and burning trash from the previous crop. Then apply protective fungicides and avoid overhead irrigation. See if it helps :)

Return to “All Other Fruit”