sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

New grape vines, already going to flower?!

I am super surprised. I got these grape vines at the surplus store for 2.99 each! I got two, I always wanted grapes but figured I couldn't get them to grow LOL. AND I read that it takes 5 years before they'll bear. they are growing nuts like crazy, they apparently like my acid soil! And one has clusters of flower buds. The other is just growing like a super weed LOL. They were bare root when I put them in a month ago.

I am really surprised, really! And a bit excited! My raspberry plants don't do well, fruit trees don't do well, blackberries, don't do well. I guess grapes are my niche? LOL. strawberries coming out of my eyeballs right now too. (that is in garden loam I had brought in last year and they are loving that soil!)

Gorkys
Newly Registered

Good luck with the grapes! I'm growing blue grapes and they've been around for 4 or 5 years with no blooms yet :(. I'm surprised you're having a difficult time growing raspberries and blueberries though, I find them pretty easy to grow here in Chicago.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

no probelm growing blueberries, they grow wild all over my yard.

raspberries I have trouble. they don't like the area I put them in. I have some in another area and those are doing ok!

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

In southern cali blueberries to FANTASTIC if you amend the soil.

Return to “All Other Fruit”