Gini

Black Sigatoka detected,,need help!!

I have Black sigatoka on my banana tree,..
What can I use to treat that,,I have been told some chemical fungicides but I prefer something organic,..
Please help as the plant looks pretty bad..

:cry:

Newt
Greener Thumb

Gini, this is most serious. Do you know if it's on the island? Who told you this and what did they tell you to use to treat it. I;m finding loads of info but not which fungicides are used. Here's info on the disease along with some pics that might be helpful.
https://www.apsnet.org/education/lessonsplantpath/BlackSigatoka/symptom.htm

Newt

Gini

Newt wrote:Gini, this is most serious. Do you know if it's on the island? Who told you this and what did they tell you to use to treat it. I;m finding loads of info but not which fungicides are used. Here's info on the disease along with some pics that might be helpful.
https://www.apsnet.org/education/lessonsplantpath/BlackSigatoka/symptom.htm

Newt

Hi Newt,

Actually nobody told me,..
I kept looking on the net and I saw some pics and explanation about the pest and I have EXACTLY the same on my plant,..
I see a lot of plants with that kind of leafs on the island..
We don't have any plantations of banana here..People grow them in their garden..

My tomatoes are doing great,,with or without ants..

Thanks btw for replying..nobody else did.. :lol:

Newt
Greener Thumb

Gini, glad to know the tomatoes are doing well. I like to eat mine right from the vine with a bit of salt. :)

I would suggest you contact whatever agricultural department you have. If there is nothing then a local university would probably be helpful since this is such a serious disease. They might want to start a program if they don't have one. Please let us know what you find out.

Newt

Return to “All Other Fruit”