ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Re: Orange Tree/Lemon Tree

Do you have any way to set up a 4 foot 2 tube florescent fixture above your trees? That's what I use for mine. If the light is on chains and hung from the ceiling you can vary the height so the bulbs are just above the leaves. Light from the window just isn't enough. Use the daylight bulbs, not warm or cool white but daylight.

applestar
Mod

I wonder how Northernfox's citruses are doing?

I have a seed grown tree that I think is a lemon and I believe it had one flower on it last winter. I kept it in an upststair BR window this year, thinking it might do better with more warmth (closer to upper 60's/low 70's). And I *think* it did try to bloom, but failed (see lower left photo in the collage).

Now it has these bumpy callus-like growths in the leaf nodes, and I'm wondering if this is normal, what they are, and possibly are they developing floral clusters and it will try to bloom again?
image.jpg
There is a bit of ant/scale problem going on, but overall, it is healthy. Dropping one or two leaves every couple of days, though.... If I move it downstairs, it will be more like low 60's to upper 60's.

Return to “All Other Fruit”