Gini

Help with banana plant

The leaves on my banana plant are getting like yellow brown at the ends and they are breaking at the end as well.It is like a one year old plant.
Can somebody tell me what that might be?I live in Aruba where iti is hot ,windy and sunny.
Thank you,

Newt
Greener Thumb

Gini, can you post some pictures? Do you know the name of the variety of banana you have? That would be most helpful.

Newt

Gini

[quote="Newt"]Gini, can you post some pictures? Do you know the name of the variety of banana you have? That would be most helpful.

Newt

Check if you can open this link as I don't know yet how ti upload pics in a msg..
Thank you..

https://ginijong.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=Bacoba_P2250044

Newt
Greener Thumb

Gini, your picture link was of all your photos in your album so I changed it to just show the banana. I have to admit that I've never grown bananas. I've seen them grown in the Amazon in Peru, and from what I see in your picture, it appears that yours could be planted too deep. You also have a large well that will collect alot of water. The yellowed and tattered leaf looks like it is aging, but not really a problem. They hang down when their life is over. I'm concerned that you would only have 2 leaves when that one is gone and it's a year old.

I wish you knew the name of the variety of banana you have. I don't usually refer people to other boards, but in this case I would suggest you ask here for more help. Try the main banana discussion board.
https://www.bananas.org/

Please let me know what they tell you.
Newt

Gini

Thank you for your help again...I will consider it,and I will check out the website..

Danki,
Gini

Newt
Greener Thumb

Gini, you are very welcome!! I do hope they can help you. Please let us know what they say as I am always learning too. :)

Newt

Return to “All Other Fruit”