OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Biggest Guava Ever

My Neighbor just drop this off without saying anything, I must say I'm speachless sense I love this fruit, also he planted a guava tree for us but the guava in the tree are not even close to this siza, I say this one is about a baseball size, how can this happen how could of gotten so big!?
[img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2011-12-31191811.jpg[/img]

Intriguedbybonsai

Maybe he uses a fertilizer rich in nitrogen? Manure for example, is a great fertilizer for plants. They spray it on the crop fields in rural areas. I remember a lady from work brought in lemons that were the size of grapefruits from her tree.

applestar
Mod

The grapefruit size lemons are Ponderosa lemons, I think.
I don't have it but from pictures I've seen, I believe they have rather thick skin/pith much like grapefruits.

Intriguedbybonsai

They could have been Ponderosa. For all I know is they were very huge. I took several home, and made lemonade out of them. :D

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

But I thought a fertilizer rich in nitrogen would use its energy on the plant not the fruit?

Intriguedbybonsai

Nitrogen is only one of many things plants need to produce at their best. Plants should have a good 5-10-5 NPK fertilizer. N for Nitrogen, P for Phosphorus, and K for Potassium.

Return to “All Other Fruit”