JONA878
Greener Thumb

Christmas

TO ALL YOU FELLOW FRUIT GROWERS...HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR FRO THIS SIDE OF THE POND.

:kidding:

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Back at ya' Jona. I understand the best thing about Christmas in the UK is the darts from the Ally Pally going on right now. Great venue for that event from what I can see.

I've been watching live feeds over the internet daily through Sky Sports and am loving it. There have been some great first and early second round matches so far.

Anyway, may you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

cheers, jona!

applestar
Mod

Thanks for another year of wonderful exchange talking fruit trees and plants, JONA. Merry Christmas and a Happy, prosperous, and productive New Year to you also. :D

JONA878
Greener Thumb

gumbo2176 wrote:Back at ya' Jona. I understand the best thing about Christmas in the UK is the darts from the Ally Pally going on right now. Great venue for that event from what I can see.

I've been watching live feeds over the internet daily through Sky Sports and am loving it. There have been some great first and early second round matches so far.

Anyway, may you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Often watch the darts in the late evening here Gumbo.

Still think the best thing, other than having the family all around , is the chance to go to a Pantomime again.
Best theatre show in the world....!!!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

JONA878 wrote:
gumbo2176 wrote:Often watch the darts in the late evening here Gumbo.

Still think the best thing, other than having the family all around , is the chance to go to a Pantomime again.
Best theatre show in the world....!!!
I'm lucky in the respect that the evening sessions are live in the US at 1 in the afternoon and are usually over by 5 p.m. depending on the number of sets and whether or not Justin Pipe is playing. He is maddening to watch with his s-l-o-w play.

It's the early rounds that get me up at 0-dark thirty in the morning to catch. Some matches start around 4:30 a.m. And you're right, some of the audience members look as though they are heading my way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Return to “All Other Fruit”