barnhardt9999

Mirabella Plum

Does anyone know where to get a Mirabella Plum sapling on the east coast? I have found a couple of nurseries on the west coast but I am little worried about shipping one so far.

I have a girl named Maribelle due in January and want to plant the tree around when she is born so I am set on the cultivar. Nothing similar will due; must be a Mirabella.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

I've received bareroot fruit trees from several nurseries is oregon, and they're always fine - but chances are, they won't ship this time of year at all. sorry if that's not helpful.

ruggr10
Green Thumb

It doesn't seem that anyone will ship until spring.

Intriguedbybonsai

I used to live in Statesville, NC. Very cold place this time of the year :wink: . I doubt you will find a nursery that sells Mirabella, or any fruiting tree this time of year. Probably because they cannot ensure guaranteed growth results considering this is the dormant season.

This nursery is located in NY. You may have to call or email them for questions and orders. https://cumminsnursery.com/available2012.php?species_type=Plums

As I'm seeing with alot of online dealers, they are accepting "Spring 2012" orders. You would have to call, and ask them if they can do you a favor for shipping earlier than spring.

Keep in mind that if you do decide to order in these cold months, be wary of weather delays (snow/sleet/etc) that the mailing services may have to endure.

For the time being, reserve a special spot intended for this baby. Goodluck!

ruggr10
Green Thumb

Intrigued is right... Best to prepare your spot now with compost and minerals. Fedco has a great pre-planting soil conditioner.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Mirabelles are a type of plum, not a variety. Most need a pollinizer.

Geneva Mirabelle
Gras Romanesc ( Herrenhausen Mirabelle)
Mirabelle de Metz
Mirabelle de Nancy
Parfumé de September (self fertile)
Reine de Mirabelle

This time of year look for a potted tree. You may also have to go pick it up from the nuresery. :(

Eric

Return to “All Other Fruit”