OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Where Can I Buy Strawberry Plants?

Ive Searched Online for Plants but everyone ships them till Spring, But I Need My Plant By This Week, I Live in So Cal, So My Plant Wont die From Frost, also went to Homedepot and they told me they don't carry it now, Anyone know of a site were they ship the plants Year Round and its not as expensive?

Tilde
Green Thumb

Look on Craigslist - indie nurseries near me are buying in bulk & selling parts of the lot. Maybe some are near you too.

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

What kind of strawberries are you looking for, the type that are grown as annuals in Florida, the june bearing type or everbearing type. That will determine where to look. The problem is that most places that grow the strawberries for sale are in winter conditions already. Also anything you buy now that isn't the low sugar type used as annuals will probably not bear until about late May for you. I wish you had asked sooner about a month ago when I had to give 110 of them away.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Oh Wow, you gave so many away, well I need it more of an Ornamental plant but I want it to be strawberry and as soon as possible is better because I'm just expecting the plant to grow a bit before giving berries well long story but here in California is pretty warm 60+ degrees during the day, and a couple blocks away theres a strawberry field and giving lots of em, they wont sell me a plat out of the Thousand they have -_- but its ok.

Return to “All Other Fruit”