tiliquagirl
Newly Registered

Lime Tree Problems

I brought a lime tree about 6 months ago and planted it in a large wooden pot. It's been flowering for a while and it starts to grow little limes but once they get to about a centimeter, they stop growing, turn brown and fall off. Any ideas why? I'm hesitant to fertilise it because the person I brought it off told me not to fertilse it while it was flowering. I put some chook manure and organic compost on top of the soil a few weeks ago but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is and how to fix it.

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

There is no clue what your climate is like so that can't be addressed. Two other possiblilities that come to mind, the plant is too young to successfully bear and is getting rid of the the fruit. The ph is really whacked out and manure is generally not recommended on citrus. The person you bought from is right about fertilizing, you do it with a small amount of citrus fertilizer very early in the spring, long before the plant starts to bloom. Also, it is slightly possible that you are over or under watering as well.

Return to “All Other Fruit”