applestar
Mod

Just bought this apple peeler and I love it!

[img]https://image.lehmans.com/lehmans/Images/products/main/78.jpg[/img]
a med/small apple was completely "nekkid" after four turns of the large ... Flywheel (isn't that what it's called?). DH calls it my "new toy" and the kids are taking turns. :lol: We processed a 3 gal bucket full yesterday.

It's from Lehman's.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

nice. the farmstand I used to work for used a pretty similar one...they made dozens of apple pies a day from august 'til the CO2-stored apples ran out in may...they do seem to last pretty well.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

How much and where can I buy one?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

It's from Lehman's.
https://non-electric.lehmans.com/search#w=peeler&asug=

Eric

applestar
Mod

Thanks, Eric. :wink:

@Potatoes, I haven't tried it yet, but DH is looking forward to curly fries which this gadget is also supposed to be great for. 8)

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

considering how many thousand pounds of potatoes my old boss harvested yearly (and how many hundred pounds he ended up throwing out in late spring)...I guess I'm surprised he never invested in a fryer. quite the businessman, that guy. enjoy the fries.

bangstrom

Street vendors in Yucatan use apple peelers to peel oranges. The peelers remove the orange zesty part leaving the fruit covered with a white pith that is easy to remove. I have never seen that done anywhere else. Apple peelers were a common household appliance many years ago in the US but you never see them anymore.

Return to “All Other Fruit”