FaTRippz

Asian Pear from Seed Growing GREAT!!! Pics

I know it might not be the same fruit or it my die later on but who cares it is growing very good. It is strong and green and it is growing fast. I gonna keep it going and hopefully in a couple years ill have some tasty fruit. Hopefully
[img]https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg166/rob-dog420/DSCN1467.jpg[/img][/img]
[img]https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg166/rob-dog420/DSCN1466.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg166/rob-dog420/DSCN1465.jpg[/img]

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I may try to plant some too! They may grow better that the last two apple trees I bought died!

applestar
Mod

Ummm... First the plant looks very healthy and well cared for. :D

Now, I'm going to tell you that this doesn't look like Asian pear to me but a citrus of some sort. The thorns at each leaf node and the shape of the leaves.... I would guess it to be in at least the 2nd year since it has the crinkled larger leaves in addition to the smooth smaller leaves. :wink:

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

yeah, agreed w/ applestar - that's a citrus of some kind, not an asian pear. though I'd think that could easily all be one year's growth.

but it does look good!

FaTRippz

oh really well we'll see what it is. I got it out of an asian pear from stater bros. supermarket hehe but it is only 10 months old tops. I loves this little tree.:)

mcubb

those leaves actually look a lot like my avocado's leaves. just a bit thinner. and ofc my avodcado doesnt have thorns.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Some pears and even apples can throw thorns in their juvanile stages. Guess it is a relic of their Pyrus ancestry.
As most trees that you buy are from grafted scions or direct from grafted buds from mature wood you very seldom see them in their true infancy.

j3707
Green Thumb
Location: Pacific Northwest, Zone 8, 48" annual rainfall, dry summers.

Whatever it is, looks like you're off to a good start.

This is the first I've heard of thorns on fruit trees. Sure glad they don't usually come that way!

Good luck!

MrDeadPlant

Now that is really really cool. I'm only a first time gardener but I would love to try a couple of trees. My Granny wants me to try a pinapple. ( I'm in Ohio ) Pretty tall order.

mcubb

pineapples are really easy! I have one growing on my window sill right now thats about a month and a half old. Started it from a top from the grocery store. its a tank too, you can forget to water it or leave it out of the sun and nothing will happen to it.

Return to “All Other Fruit”