jimdgriff
Newly Registered

Rasberry bush

My rasberry bush, planted this year, is putting out stems with leaves MUCH larger that the original leaves. Shoud I cut them off?

JONA878
Greener Thumb

No..No...just shows it's growing well.

:)

jimdgriff
Newly Registered

If it keeps going there should be a couple of golden eggs and a big guy :lol:

jjwilloughby
Newly Registered

Hi, I planted a Heritage Raspberry and it grew beautifully, lots of lush, green foliage, but no fruit! I planted it at the end of my vege garden, someone said I might be overwatering, as the sprinkler system got everything. I have trimmed it right back in the winter, ready for the next summer. My garden soil is composted filterpress, beautiful and black and it was placed over a few inches of cow manure. The worms are plentiful and fat. Any tips, ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Janelle

harleylady69
Newly Registered

I PLANTED SEVERAL RASPBERRY BUSHES ABOUT 5YRS AGO...THEY GROW BEAUTIFULLY..NICE AND TALL..GREEN AND FULL OF BLOSSOM...THE BAD THING...THE BLOSSOMS TURN BROWN, AND I HAVE YET TO GET ANY FRUIT..CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT..I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THESE PLANTS...THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!

CreateYourGoodLife
Newly Registered

jjwilloughby wrote:Hi, I planted a Heritage Raspberry and it grew beautifully, lots of lush, green foliage, but no fruit! I planted it at the end of my vege garden, someone said I might be overwatering, as the sprinkler system got everything. I have trimmed it right back in the winter, ready for the next summer. My garden soil is composted filterpress, beautiful and black and it was placed over a few inches of cow manure. The worms are plentiful and fat. Any tips, ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Janelle
Hi Janelle,

If you are getting lots of lush growth but no fruit you might have overdone it with the nitrogen in your soil and be lacking potash. Potash is essential for good fruit formation, and nitrogen is for lush growth. If you have a wood fire try adding the ash from it to the raspberry bed, otherwise a sprinkling of potash which you should be able to buy from a garden centre.

Cheers,

Matt

Return to “All Other Fruit”