sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

any way to save my peach tree?

:( :( :( so sad :(

OK, we got a peach tree last spring (along with 2 apple, 1 plum, and 1 pear..neighbors have a pear tree of another variety to cross pollinate) the peach tree was doing so awesome. it looked the best out of all the trees. This spring it was budding out just fine and I was getting so excited to see it leaf out, I love the look of its leaves. It is a redhaven I believe. Well, we had a 3 or 4 long week stretch of rain and cold temps and the thing never leafed out. everything else got its leaves slowly, but the peach did not. the buds got a little white and fuzzy looking, I'm wondering if it got a fungus? well, last week a few of the buds started leafing out a tad. the leaves barely poked through and were maybe a millimeter long or two. thats it. thats all that happened. now they're shriveling up and dying :( its been HOT now. 89*. all my other trees look fabulous. they're growing new branches, the pear got some flowers this year. but the peach? no good. I'm so sad. is there anything to do to help it along? or is it a lost cause at this point?

thank you for your time, I know it was lengthy.

soil
Greener Thumb

how cold, and rain daily?

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

it was rain daily for nearly 3 or 4 weeks. and it was 40's and 50's. mostly 50's.

Return to “All Other Fruit”