BP

Possible Peach Tree Leaf Curl Issue - Best way to treat it?

I know it's fruit, but everyone is on this board more than the fruit one.
With that said, I bought my Mother a peach tree last year for Mothers day and now it has what I believe is peach tree leaf curl. I looked it up and that's what it is. Everything I read says to spray for it in the fall when it goes dorment. She sprayed it last fall, but she has the problem now. Can She spray it now (some kind of fruit tree spray by Ortho I believe) or maybe a copper spray or wait til fall. She isn't worried about losing the tiny peaches that have started, but doesn't want to lose the tree. Please help.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Hi BP.
A couple of things to do that will help.
Spray the tree with a Bordeaux mixture. ( Copper Sulphate.)
Pick off infected leaves and any fallen leaves and burn to get rid of infecting fungus.
Next spring spray the tree in January and again as soon as you see some movement in the buds.
If the tree is small enough try and put a roof protectant over it when it rains up to the petal fall period. If you can keep the tree dry from burst to flower it is more than half the battle.
Hope that helps a little.

BP

Thanks. That's what I needed to know (if I could spray now), but as for spraying in January................... This is what January looks like here. I'm ON a lake in this pic lol. Theres no spraying in January here.
[img]https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb9/BP991/Ice%20Fishing%202010-2011/029.jpg[/img]

JONA878
Greener Thumb

BP wrote:Thanks. That's what I needed to know (if I could spray now), but as for spraying in January................... This is what January looks like here. I'm ON a lake in this pic lol. Theres no spraying in January here.
[img]https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb9/BP991/Ice%20Fishing%202010-2011/029.jpg[/img]
Aaaarr!! yea..well ..all right then....leave it till February. gg. :?

Return to “All Other Fruit”