wordwiz
Green Thumb

Fruit trees, bushes, plants arrived!

150 TriStar strawberries
5 Caroline Raspberries
3 Triple Crown Blackberries
Vandalay Cherry on Gisela 5
Montmorency Cherry on Gisela 5

I'm impressed with the size of the trees - 3-4 tall above the graft. Probably will not have any cherries this year, though a couple of people reported they got a handful the first year, especially since these are older trees. Bought them from Raintree Nursery.

I'll have to store the strawberries - it has rained all week and is suppose to rain tomorrow, Saturday, maybe Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. :cry:

Mike

soil
Greener Thumb

I'm waiting on 25 autumn olive and 25 goumi which should be here any day. have fun planting!

wordwiz
Green Thumb

I hope to spend Mother's Day planting the strawberries. Would love to also get potatoes in the ground, since that would allow me to also transplant the 500 sugar snap peas I have in trays.

Due to things beyond my control, I will be stretching the limits of square foot gardening this summer, at least in my small plot in the backyard. Can I squeeze nearly 2000 plants into 1000 sq ft? Strawberries, potatoes, beans/peas/cucumbers, tomatoes, Romaine lettuce. It's good earth, I can water it as needed (rain water - hopefully!) and fertilize it heavily with Tomato-Tone, Blood and Bone Meal, Greensand, Compost Tea.

Shoot for the stars, be happy to hit the top of tall trees!

Mike

Return to “All Other Fruit”