wordwiz
Green Thumb

Ordered some fruit and berry trees/plants

I've been waiting for this! Alas, having to rely on customers to pay is sometimes a PITA, but at least a couple did. Got everything from RainTree Nursery. There are much cheaper nurseries, but I like their rootstocks and customer service. Plus, their trees are usually much larger.

My Sweet Cherry: Vandalay Cherry on Gisela 5
A tart one: Montmorency Cherry, also on Gisela 5. Got lucky with this one - they were Unofficially sold out but they keep a few extra trees around for special projects. I had talked with them before about wanting this type as it is suppose to be ideal for my climate and they had saved it for me!
Three Triple Crown thornless blackberry plants in 4 Inch Pots. This has become the premier blackberry and should produce some berries this summer.
One hundred sixty TriStar Strawberry plants. I would have preferred Ozark but they do not sell them. Tristar resists red stele, Verticillium wilt, powdery mildew and leaf scorch.
Five Caroline Raspberry plants - free gift. Red, everybearing, among the highest in anti-oxidants. One of the largest raspberries.

They are suppose to ship the first week of May. I'm excited, though I don't know I'll plant the rasps. It's a welcome problem, though!

Mike

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

That's exciting!! Let us know when you get them. I ordered fruit trees for the first time this year also, and am on edge wondering when they will come and if the plants will be healthy and/or decent sized, etc. I hope it works out for the best for both of us ;)

Return to “All Other Fruit”