Sunflower7

I need to spray on my fruits trees

There are many sprayers on market.
I need good sprayer to reach about 8-10 tall pear trees and apple tree.
Which sprayer is best and what kind of organic non toxic product is best to get rid of fungus and insects?
If I hire tree service people, they charge $$$, that is why I much rather to take care of my fruits tree myself.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Hi Sunflower.

A small tree like that would only neesd a very small sprayer. The ideal to use is a either a small knapsack sprayer or one of the small pump up types.
As to sprays.
Just a few suggestions.
The main diseases you can expect are scab and mildew.
With both of these you need to protect the new developing leaf and fruit from damage by putting a protective layer on the plant so that as spores from the fungi fall onto the plant they are stopped from germinating.
Spraying after the event is not tha thing to do.
Organic products are plentiful...the cheapest and very effective for scan/mildew are the sulphur based.
For aphids etc then any of the soap ( Surfactants ) will do the job providing you actually hit the target.
Winter moth ...use a grease band.
Codling and totrix use a pheremone trap to know when the female is egg laying so you don't waste time spraying unnecessaraly.

Sunflower7

JONA878, I need spray to kill fungus disease called anthracnose leaf spot caused by fungus Celletotrichum sp.
I also need spray to kill eggs of insects.
Is there effective organic spray to kill fungus disease and insect eggs same time?

Sunflower7

JONA878, thank you for your reply.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Hi Sunflower.

The best materials for organic control of fungus problems is either Neem Oil or Sulphur based sprays.
The most dangerous periods of infection are when the plant is wet and warm for several hours...after a shower or heavy dew.
Dureing the early summer from April to mid July the young growing leaves and fruit are very susceptable so spray as soon after such weather as possable.
As to insects.
Afraid theree is a battery of them around and they vary throughout the season.
For Aphids any of the soap products will do.
Fot Codling...the moth that causes maggots...use a pheremone trap to tell you when she ios flying around. If you don't then it's pure guess work as to when to spray.
For early damage from Winter Moth use a grease band around the tree.

Return to “All Other Fruit”