Jast
Newly Registered

Meyer Lemon Tree

Meyer Lemon tree. Planted in garden 4years Not looked after. I have Potted it 1 year Second lot of blossoms PlentyBlossoms lots of Bee activity, No fruit ?? :cry:

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

We also have problems with fruiting. We had some success with more regular watering in spring and summer, feeding low N fertiliser quite regularly. Also, the first 2 years after being potted were no-fruit years. You may need to give it some time.

I wonder how you managed to take it out the ground and pot it? That would probably give it quite a shock?

Since it flowered, though, I would say you just need to keep it happy during fruit-setting and the beginning of fruiting.

imafan26
Mod

Do you have enough pollinators? Remember some of the flowers are male and 90% of all of the flowers will drop, that is normal.

If the plant is flowering well and you have pollinators it should set fruit.

I feed my citrus trees when the leaves flush and again when they set fruit and if I remember I will do a third feeding when the fruit is half grown. Citrus trees like a moist, rich well drained slightly acidic soil in full sun. They do not like salt and will do poorly in a poorly drained soil.

Return to “All Other Fruit”