gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Picked my first strawberries of the season today.

I went out of town to my father-in-laws house the past couple days to gather some paperwork, pictures and assorted memorabilia to bring here to keep safe since he was recently placed in a nursing home for his safety.

After getting everything unpacked and put away, I ventured out to the garden to see what else has popped up and there were 4 nice red, ripe strawberries that were just dying to be picked---------and eaten. I obliged, and they were great. I'm really looking forward to a nice harvest of berries this season from the ones I have in my garden and on my porch in containers.

lily51
Greener Thumb

Sounds delish! :) Especially since we just had another huge snowstorm this AM. At least we know spring is somewhere & moving its way here.

ruggr10
Green Thumb

I'm jealous! The only thing growing in my backyard is the snowpack!!! :x

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I can't believe how harsh this winter has been for much of the nation. It sure has been one crazy season this year. You northern folk must be getting real tired of the white stuff by now.

I have a sister in Oklahoma that is threatening to move farther south after this last 4 months of winter weather but her husband, a retired Wildlife and Fisheries Agent of Louisiana, loves the hunting where he lives. He's killed 5 hogs and 4 deer this past season and is getting familiar with freshwater fishing since he fished saltwater all his life until moving to OK in 2008.

Return to “All Other Fruit”