gallum90

Where to buy pineapple seeds?

does ne one know how I could get a hold of some pine apple seeds? they are really neat plants (and tasty to) or if some one could mail me some that would be gr8

as a side note I am also looking for miracle fruit seeds (lol mostly to put up with school food ick!)

Newt
Greener Thumb

I'm thinking you want pineapple seed and not seed of an apple named pine. Do a google with:
pineapple seed
and there's lots of great info out there.

Newt

femlow

You will likely have a hard time finding pineapple seeds, and most of the varieties that you find in the store are seedless because they are much better for eating this way. If you want to start a pineapple plant, get yourself a pineapple, cut off the top (try to cut off much of the actual fruit, but don't cut the leaves at all), stick it in some well draining soil, maybe mix a little sand in, and keep the soil damp but not too wet for about a month or so and it will take root. That way you can enjoy the rest of the pineapple too.

gallum90

so I just shave it down like cut around the core then stick it in the ground ( thats just to sum it up)

femlow

You will want to cut almost all of the core off too (leave maybe 1/4 inch). Then stick it down an inch or two in the soil (make sure it drains well. sand is really helpful for these plans). Then just water and give it time.

Newt
Greener Thumb

I found these about growing a pineapple as a houseplant.
https://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/ces/yard/1997/112497.html
https://news.theolympian.com/specialsections/Home/20020216/18018.shtml
https://www.geocities.com/indoorgrwr/pineapple/

Newt

Bunny
Newly Registered

Can you plant the pineapples anytime of year if they're going to be indoors? What kind of sunlight do they need?

femlow

You should be able to plant them any time when pineapples are in season and you have access to the tops. They like lots of light, so by a warm sunny window is ideal for them.

Bunny
Newly Registered

Thanks! What other plants do you grow?

gallum90

I'm trying hard to get a hold of miracle fruit seeds those plants seem really awesome and would love to have the opertunity to grow one.

but I started growing a bonsai baobab tree (or called the upside down tree)

Bunny
Newly Registered

I've ordered some seed catalogs, and I think the first thing that I'll try will be the pineapple. That sounds easy enough. By the way, my kids are so excited about our garden! This morning my 5 year old suggested we plant a hotdog tree. Pretty clever little guy!

Sabrina

Return to “All Other Fruit”