kenneth wrote:I have white mold on my turkey fig tree. What caused it and how do I get rid of it.
Is it really a mold Ken, or is it a protective covor that has been layed down y an insect?
Mildew is not usually associated with figs as the leaves are so tough and hardy. They can get rusts but these would not have a white mold.
Have a close look at the white areas and rub them with your finger. They may well be harbouring either a scale insects or woolly aphids.
Both these creatures lay down a white fluffy covor over themselves as protection.
Scale insects look like tiny limpets. Woolly aphid gives itself away by crushing to a red stain.
If the infection is not to large then a quick wipe with Meths will rid you of them.