snoopy
Newly Registered

Question About Growing Cantaloupe

Hello my name is Teresa and my nickname is snoopy. I am from Rock Hill, SC US. Seems like a nice place here.
Glad I came across here! I had throwed some Cantelop seeds from when the neighbors had eaten one and I threw them in one of my planters and the very next day they came up threw my potted planter. So now I have cantelopes that I separated and did what I read or could find out about them.I have had 2 (small ones) that looked white but it was ripe or something because it turned like a white moldy but when I went to take it up to throw it away it was hard to pull from the stem but it was ripe. I am looking to find out all I can about them and when I need to pull them up. There are some big ones but I had no idea why the 2 little ones had ripened or rotted or whatever it did. Is that a sign that something is wrong? Searching for answers. Never grew these but when I was little girl (51 now.) my parents always had a garden. But they never had cantelopes. I would appreciate any information that you can sharel. I also have some tomatoes that I saved the seeds to plant but they aren't getting real big. Tney have been planted around the first of July and the cantelopes most likely a week after that! I know your suppose to start in march or something like that. Beginner here!!

pepper4
Green Thumb

Somewhat a beginner myself but I wanted to welcome you :D There's alot of great folks here that I'm sure can help. :wink:

webmaster
Site Admin

I moved this from the introductions forum in hopes that it will get a better response here. 8)

Return to “All Other Fruit”