Lime&Coconuts
Newly Registered

Mango Seeds

I have two mango seeds from grocery store mangos from either Central or South America. They have been sitting, drying out for a month. Can I just buy some potting soil and a pot and start them on the patio? And how far down should they be in the dirt? Also, once I get them going (or if...) how big should they be before I replant in the yard?

peachguy

You can just plant them in normal soil and they should sprout but they seem old and since you left them to dry out I would soak them in water for a few hours before you them plant. As for planting outside I would wait until they have a couple of true leaves, also it may take them a while to sprout so don't give up. I was going to try to plant magos once untill I learned that they can grow enormous and I can't plant them outside here in Canada. But good luck

cambece

I've planted a couple of mango seeds in the past. I would plant them in regular soil maybe about an inch under the soil. Once they start growing you don't have to worry too much about fertilizing them. I've heard that mango trees need less nutrients than grass that would occupy the same space.

JA Cambece

Return to “All Other Fruit”