Dedee

Peach tree???

I have 2 peach trees and was wondering if you can start a peach tree from the seeds and if so how do you care for and plant the seeds??

peachguy

Most peach trees do not come true from seed, they are grafted, also the seeds are in the pit and contain the most arsenic by a plant, I pretty sure it is arsenic. The point is that they are very posionous but I am sure you can try just be careful!!

Dedee

I have had seeds to split while peeling peaches and I have seen the seed inside the pit and I knew that you couldnt let pets get ahold of the pits because they were poisonous to them but I didnt realize they were to humans also :shock: OOPS!!
Thanks for the advise I guess I'll just buy a couple. I guess the pits are bad for composting then huh? I just threw peeling and pits in my compost pile should I dig them out? :? theres probably over a 100 in there :oops:

peachguy

I am not sure on composting thing but I wouldn't just in case, if you have pets, I don't think they would even compost well. So you might see them in the finished compost pile but I am not to good in the composting area maybe someone else will reply with a better answer.

Return to “All Other Fruit”