savannahmcqueen
Newly Registered

Dwarf Peaches

Has anyone had any luck getting their dwarf peaches to produce a crop? We bought ours last year at spring and since there was already fruit on the tree I didn't transplant them. But since they were in such a small pot I couldn't keep them wet and ultimately they dropped all their peaches. This year I have them in very large pots and they seem to be staying wet and have not wilted. Anything else I can do to keep the fruit from dropping?

-Savannah

kimbledawn

I would love to hear a response. We bought a dwarf peach tree this year and it grew six flowers and developed six baby peaches. I don't know if they dropped or if the birds ate them but there aren't any now. The tree is healthy and is growing new branches and leaves but no peaches.

savannahmcqueen
Newly Registered

Do you have them in the ground or in pots?
-Savannah

applestar
Mod

Are you talking about "garden" or "patio" type peach trees or peach trees on dwarf root stock? I have a Carolina Belle on dwarf root stock -- supposed to only grow to about 8' tall -- planted in fall of 2008.

This year, it grew about 1/2 dozen little fuzzy peaches for the first time, even though it's still only about 3' tall. So far, there has not been any "June" drop (my July-ripening Pristine apple have shed the first group of little fruits already, and the European plums are going through June drop right now.). I have to check and see if they need to be thinned (I know you're supposed to do this while their still small, but it's been hard to even see them among the leaves, and I didn't want to accidentally knock them off).

We are all eagerly waiting for them to grow up and ripen. :wink:

Return to “All Other Fruit”