Butch
Newly Registered

Caterpillars on Raspberry Bushes

I planted some raspberry bushes a few weeks ago and I've noticed their leaves are being eaten (I'm guessing a caterpillar). Upon inspecting the plants, I found two small green caterpillars nesting in different leaves. The leaves had been folded up with webbing, and I found the caterpillar inside upon unfolding the leaves. While several leaves have been eaten, the plants have not been severely damaged. I want to treat the plants to rid them of caterpillars and prevent further damage. I was doing some research and came across an insect spray called Pyola which can be used to kill caterpillars.

Has anyone had to treat their raspberry bushes for caterpillars? If so, can you recommend a product to use or confirm whether Pyola would be effective?

Thanks!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like your found the critters before any kind of major infestation. Why not just inspect the plants closely for the next couple of weeks and squish any uninvited guests? Poison is a bit of an overkill when squishing will keep the problem under control.

Butch
Newly Registered

Thanks Alex. I was actually thinking of doing just that--squishing the little buggers. I'm not too crazy about using poisons.

Return to “All Other Fruit”