S.O.S
Newly Registered

Seedless Watermelon........Help!!

I have had a garden before but it was simple stuff like tomatoes and peppers. It was also up north with a very short season.

I now live in Florida and I have to decide to try my hand at watermelon. While picking out seeds I came across the "seedless" variety "Ultra Cool Hybrid" I read on the package that I would need a pollinizer to achieve seedless watermelon's. In my ignorance I'm thinking "yeah that sounds easy!!" Not realizing that a pollinizer is another plant duh!! I'm thinking this is something man made that I can buy at Lowes to do artificially. oops!!

Can someone help me? The package says to use sugar baby! This does not help me much. I've already got the plants growing help!!!!!

Kelly_Guy

Do you have an ebay account? You can buy some sugar baby seeds from an ebay seller. I would post a link, but it might be against the rules, so just go to ebay and search for sugar baby. Ofcourse that is more delay.

You should be able to just go back to lowe's or maybe an ace hardware and find a couple of watermelon plants in cups. If you pick one that does not say hybrid and does not mention needing a companion, it should work as a pollinizer I think.

Kelly

rkunsaw

S.O.S.
How do they get seeds from seedless watermelon? :? I guess you could water them with some of my special dehydrated water tablets. :lol:

Return to “All Other Fruit”