Franco

"Cloning" a fig tree.

Hi, this is my first time posting on this website. Anyway, my bio teacher tried to teach me how to clone my fig tree that I have growing in my backyard.

He instructed me to take off a branch(not sure if that's the right word, sorry) that has an axial bud and make a diagonal cut below the bud and bend it back and then insert a twig to hold it open.

Then I was supposed to insert a plant hormone with root tone (is that auxin?) and then put it in pete moss and then "tootsie roll" it with saran wrap. Is this information correct? I tried it and I'm not the best gardener but I'm not stupid.

Now, I didnt know the root tone was a powder so I just mixed it with the pete moss and I think that was the problem but I would very much appreciate it if someone could write full length detailed instructions on how to clone a fig tree.

Thanks a lot guys.

peachguy

I find that uses certain cloning kits that a lot of stores sell work really well or if there is a lee valley( really awwesome garden store) near you they have the the best cloning kits and sell everything thats you need for cloning like the root hormone. Hopes this helps

Franco

Thanks, the local gardening store is owned by my mom's best friend's father so I could probably pick that up easily thanks for the help

Return to “All Other Fruit”