applestar
Mod

I have a new pup!

[img]https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/applesbucket/Image4772.jpg[/img]

... becha'thought I was talking about the canine variety... :wink:
Yep, she's an itty bitty Pineapple Pup. Aww... isn't she cuuute? :lol:

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Knowing this group, I had to open the message to find out whether it was a zoological or botanical "pup"! :lol:

She's very cute! :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Tammy42

Cograts on being a mom and having a baby!!!! Ha ha!!! I'm jealous I wished I could grow a pineapple plant here, I love pineapples!!! When I went over to Lowes the other day I noticed they had pineapple plants with baby pineapples on it. Don't know why they have them up here to cold to grow, and I don't think enough sun to grow inside in winter here!!!! Tammy

Diane
Green Thumb

Oh it's adorable. Did you grow a pineapple?

applestar
Mod

The Mama is from a pineapple we had around Christmas time last year. I had to "nurse" her along all winter (plastic veggie bag covering her) because it was too cold and she wasn't doing anything but sulk in her pot. I put her outside after the weather stayed above 60ºF. After she finally started to grow some roots, I repotted her and put her in the NKG pathway where it was sunny but sheltered -- so I guess it took about 2 months for the pup to grow. We just had another pineapple -- this one is an organic one and a different variety, so I've planted the top from that one too. :D

Diane
Green Thumb

I saw a pineapple plant growing inside on a windowsill. The little pineapple was about 4 inches.
I tried it once but the top wasn't fresh enough and it never rooted.

Return to “All Other Fruit”