Morningstarlet
Newly Registered

Blueberry bush

I have one blueberry bush that I bought last year. It made it through the winter and has leaves on it. How long does it take to get fruit, and is it supposed to flower first?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

They flower in early spring, and have fruit in June or July. Sometimes a late frost will kill the early bloom, so no fruit that year. That is one reason that it is good to have early, mid season, late varieties, which bloom at different times.

Diane
Green Thumb

hendi_alex wrote:They flower in early spring, and have fruit in June or July. Sometimes a late frost will kill the early bloom, so no fruit that year. That is one reason that it is good to have early, mid season, late varieties, which bloom at different times.
That might be why I have fruit on one side and very little on the other. I did lose a flowering plant and some flowers from my hydrangas. I always learn things here. Thanks Hendi.
I planted two other small blueberry plants and finally was able to make a cutting live of my prized, to me, blueberry bush. I wish I planted at least three of them long ago.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I thought it took 2-3 years before they really started to produce. I wanna say I heard 6 years before full production occurs. :?

Return to “All Other Fruit”