Gerrie

How and When to Feed Strawberries?

I've got a lot of strawberrie plants which I divided and replanted in a different spot this yr. They've taken well to the transplant a few months ago but now are looking in need of food. I was told to use Amonium Nitrate, but have decided to go more natural than that. Can anyone give me a clue as what and how much to use? These are everbearing and fairly hardy. Where they were growing before, they rarely got any care, so I don't know what to do with them.

sweet thunder

This is my first year growing strawberries, so I'm hardly an expert, but I've been using [url=https://www.drearth.com/products/blended.php]Dr. Earth Organic 9[/url] on all my fruit this year, and they all are doing well. The strawberries especially greened up nicely and started setting more fruit after I gave them this stuff.

In my case, I didn't want to disturb all the soil and mulch around my plants, so I steeped a muslin bag of fertilizer in a bucket of water overnight, then strained it out and watered the plants with the liquid. I then added the strained solids around the base of my plants.

I bet your local independent garden center will have some good recommendations for you, too. That's where I found this stuff.

Return to “All Other Fruit”