juinbug
Newly Registered

Will my peach tree bear fruit without spring flowers?

We had crazy weather this past winter/spring? A lot of trees flowered very early in february(?) because it was very warm for a few weeks. Then it was cold and windy again and all of of the pretty blossoms went away quickly.

I was happy that my peach tree did not get tricked by the false spring. But it never did blossom. No flowers at all. The tree looks healthy, it's all green and leafy now. But will it produce any fruit this year? The past two years have been very plentiful.

Also we should've pruned more than we did, but the warm weather fooled us, so we only pruned back 1/4 at most.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

no fruit without flowers, sorry.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

That "false spring" happens here sometimes, and it's quite a disappointment to see the fruit trees begin to bloom. Even if the weather doesn't turn particularly chilly later on, there usually isn't enough insect activity that early in the year to assure good pollination. :(

Pebbles

I agree, if you have no blossoms then you will not have any fruit :cry:

I do know however that every now and again, some fruit trees have a rest year when they bear no fruits. It happened with me last year with my cherry tree. However this year, it is full of green cherries waiting to ripen.

Lets hope next year you will have lots of fruit.

Return to “All Other Fruit”