wdcf
Newly Registered

Indoor, under T-5 floros Rainier Cherry grow?

Okay I have a bit of a greenthumb and used to do a lot of breeding with a certain illegal plant, it was fun but those times our done. I am now just trying out other plants to grow... I live in sacramento and have a pretty good outdoor grow climate, But I want to try growing under lights. T-5 floros are much better then regular florescent lighting, first off I am familiar with Metal Hailade and High Pressure Sodium lights, but I want to give the T-5's a shot.

With that said is there a way I can induce flowering with a raininer while growing inside? I know I need a pollinator and I was planing on purchasing the BING for that job. The other specimen I used to grow I would just put the light cycle on 12/12 and it would start to flower, it though was of course an annual plant, while the cherry plant I can keep growing.... I know that the cherry plant requires a certain amount of cold hours, and I can compensate for that, but is there a certain way I can induce flowering inside? anyone? thanks

I am going to purchase a dwarf or semi dwarf plant I assume a dwarf would be best due to the fact I am growing indoors

IndorBonsai

Are your T-5's a four bulb setup? If so I would try using 2 cool white bulbs 4100K ( to help add some red spectrum light ) and use 2 daylight 6500k bulbs ( to add some blue light spectrum).

For blooming and flowers you will need some red light spectrum. But for over all plant health and nice green leafs you will need blue light spectrum. Finding the balance between the two is the hard part. :)

If your tree isent to tall it should work. Because the taller the tree the less lumens the lower branches get. You will need lots of lumens.

High pressure sodium wont work for this application , But nickel metal halide will. I just don't like nickel metal halide because of the heat it produces, and the constant buzz from the transformer lol I know I am picky :lol:

wdcf
Newly Registered

I was thinking about using gibberic acid or B9 or ethepon to induce flowering anyone used these chems before?

Return to “All Other Fruit”