southerncin
Newly Registered

NEED HELP WITH AILING CITRUS TREES

I have 6 citrus trees in my yard and all of them have the same problem.
The leaves are curling and turning pale green. They also have brown trails running through the leaves. I cannot find any insect anywhere on the trees.Can someone help me?

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

This site has a list of various citrus problems, and how to treat them: https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/TOPIC_Citrus_Pests_Diseases I cannot know for shure exacly what it is now, so try to get some pictures of the leafs posted here. But to me it sounds like a fungi problem, so maybe try and spray it with some non copper baised fungicide, or use a systemic fungicide.
הדמיון הוא יותר חשוב מאשר ידע

southerncin
Newly Registered

Thanks for the info. I think you are right about it being fungal. I will try the spray when it stops raining. We have had rain for the last two weeks.

damethod

My guess is that it's not fungus. It's citrus leaf miner. You can't kill it nor see it, so you can only hope to control it.

southerncin
Newly Registered

AILING CITRUS TREES

Damithod, thanks for your reply. How do I control citrus leaf miner?

damethod

Organocide has been the most effective I've tried so far..but I'm still looking for a product that I'd like enough to recommend it.

You will need to research which product is best for you. There is a product by bonide, another that is some type of oil, and many other pesticides that claim to eliminate or control leaf miners. Each product usually has a list of pests treated on the back of the label.

Return to “FRUIT FORUM”