skumar
Newly Registered

weeping pussywillow question

I bought a weeping pussywillow in jan 2007. Since then it grew the fuzzy white buds that turned yellow. Shortly thereafter, as the yellow fuzzies began to fall, leaf-shoots developed. Not all the yellow fuzzy things have fallen off but the leaf-shoots are all dried. Infact, though I water it and have tried placing it in the best sunlight (not too much, not too little), there seems to be NO change in the plant. I can't even tell if its still alive!

What should I do?

Should I prune it?

I just want it to grow and show some sign to development--life. or, conversely, I don't want to die. PLEASE help me out. I am clueless as you can see. THANK YOU!

Gnome
Mod

skumar,

Sorry about the delay but I just noticed your post. :oops: There are other forums where this would have received a wider audience, for instance
[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16]The Tree and Shrub Forum.[/url]
have tried placing it in the best sunlight (not too much, not too little),
I take it that this is a potted plant, correct? The most common problems with potted trees are watering issues, often related to the soil medium in which the tree is potted.
I can't even tell if its still alive!
Make a small scratch in the bark in an unobtrusive location. If the color underneath is green there still may be hope. Without foliage the amount of sun is not an issue. Similarly, without foliage the trees need for water will be much less. Do not try to overcompensate with excessive watering, this creates other problems. Put it in a shady location, monitor the moisture level and hope for the best.

Norm

Return to “Japanese Garden Forum”